26 May, 2009

Been awhile

Okay, I now have wireless internet on my computer, so I should actually be able to keep up with this blog.

So, spanish is really coming along. Now the focus is just increasing my vocab. But it is great to be able to have real conversations in another language.

I got sick, twice. It was a little rough, but it is over now and I am probably stronger now that I went through it. I have great health care here, which definitely eases the mind.

The job has really started to take shape and I am really enjoying it. Basically, I am a teacher of life skills at local middle schools. The language is a bit intimidating, but now that I have been in front of a class in spanish, I feel much more confident. The director interpreted me and my counterparts in the community having a short activity, as us taking over a class for two hours. So, our 15 minute activity was over, and we had to fill another hour and 45 minutes of class time. The teachers were no where to be found!

But the class we built strong relationships and now the students know us and are really enthusiastic to see us in the community or in school. It is so great to walk down the street and have kids yelling, "Marcos!!!" when they see you or having kids on the "Marcos alert," yelling to their friends and relatives that I am walking down the street.

Anyway, life here is awesome and I am truly enjoying my time. Peace Corps is slowing down and making sense.

I hope everyone is great!

Marc "Marcos" Franzblau

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.